Essential questions for the week:
- What is the metric system?
- How is the English system converted to the metric system?
- What units are used to measure length, volume, mass, weight and temperature?
- How are measurements performed using the metric system?
- What is scientific notation and why is it used?
- What are the rules for significant figures?
- How is volume measured and what lab instruments are used?
- What is an acid, base and pH and how are the measured?
- What is the difference between mass and weight and how are the measured?
- How are lab instruments calibrated?
- Introduction to the metric system
- Scientific Notation and Significant Figures
- Measuring volume
- Measuring mass
- Metric problems
- Metrics lab questions
- Scientific notation and significant figures practice problems
- Gummy Bear lab questions
- Volume lab questions
- Bioethics essay
- Acids/Bases/pH lab questions
- Lab notebook
- Reading review questions
Day 1: Intro. to metric system
Day 2: Scientific notation and significant figures
Day 3: Volume
Day 4: Acids/Bases/pH
Day 5: Mass/Weight