Essential questions for the week:
- How are animal, plant and bacterial cell identified?
- What are the differences between an animal, plant and bacterial cell?
- What organelles are in an plant, animal and bacterial cell and what are their functions?
- What are prokaryotes and eukaryotes and how are they compared?
- What are the parts of a compound microscope and how is it used?
- How is an object’s size is estimated using a microscope?
- What are the differences in depths of field in low power and high power?
- How are slides prepared for microscopy?
- How are cells and their organelles are differentiated using a microscope?
- How is a legal laboratory notebook used?
- How is a proper lab report written?
- Cells and organelles
- Microscope parts and use
- Microscopy lab report
- Unit exam and practical
- Reading review questions
- Lab questions
- Microscopy Lab Report
- Lab notebook
- Labeling Quiz
- Written exam
- Unit practical
Day 1: Cells and Organelles
Day 2: Microscopes
Day 3: Lab Report and Review